Website Alfred Mann Foundation
Alfred Mann Foundation (AEMF) is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to support Research and Development activities as well as manufacturing engineering and process development duties for sustaining products and new product development of implantable medical devices. The ideal candidate must possess technically sound skills and experience as well as effective verbal, written and presentation skills for this dynamic role. This person is expected to be a hands on and action oriented Manager with strong analytical and critical thinking skills and able to manage people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops, evaluates, improves, documents and validates manufacturing methods and test methods.
• Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
• Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
• Prepares and/or reviews manufacturing documentation.
• Prepares and conducts transition process from AMF Manufacturing processes to Contract Manufacturer(s).
• Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards.
• Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
• Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
• Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
Directly supervises approx. 2 – 3 employees in the Prototype Manufacturing support areas. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B. S.) in Engineering from four-year college or university; four plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@aemf.org