Sets up and operates various machine tools such as Lathes, Milling Machines, and Surface Grinders; fits and assembles parts to fabricate tools, mechanisms, and machines; and uses precision measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, comparators, and surface plates for experimental purposes by performing the following duties.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities that are required in order to perform the job:
- Proficient in the use of Cad/Cam Software
- Ability to work independently
- Must be very safety conscience
- Medical Device experience is desirable
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Consults with engineer and other personnel regarding product information such as design, capacity and purpose, and types of material to be used to fabricate product.
- Analyzes written specifications, drawings, rough sketches, and verbal instructions to plan layout and determine sequence of operations.
- Selects metal stock and lays out design according to dimensions computed from scale drawings.
- Designs fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering needs.
- Sets up and operates metalworking machine tools such as lathe, milling machine, saw, or grinder to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of parts to specifications.
- Performs a variety of bench work operations such as filing, sawing, and hand grinding of cutting tools.
- Tests experimental models under simulated operating conditions for such purposes as development, standardization, and feasibility of design.
- Installs parts and materials such as sheet metal covering, hydraulic systems, electrical wiring, lubricants, and batteries into machines and mechanisms.
- Evaluates experimental procedures and recommends changes or modifications for efficiency and adaptability to setup and production.
- Establishes work procedures for fabricating new structural products.
- Fabricates molds and power press dies to produce plastic parts and stamp metal parts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org